This is a really lovely black silk georgette dress. It’s fully lined, has a thin self tie belt with a navy blue double rosette on the shoulder and soft pleats at the neck. A touch of navy with the black is great and I’m a fan of the combination. The length actually hits my knees for both dresses (I never wear the length shown on the models).
- I especially like the wide straps and the rosette detail in navy silk chiffon (my pet hate are thin straps that sit too far in)
- The belt is removable so you add your own favourite – here I’ve used my vinatge Celine navy leather belt which happens to match the vintage thrifted top handle bag
- The sleeveless style and the length work perfectly for petites
- It has amazing versatility from a stylish beach cover to lunch date with girlfriends to cocktails after work depending on your accessories and whether you choose to add a cardigan, tailored jacket or a sparkly wrap
Here is another black and navy ensemble that I love – a classic little dress in silk satin by Chanel worn by Kirsten Dunst and it’s great how she casually drapes her black blazer over her shoulders. Her black belt, bag and shoes compliment her outfit perfectly.
- I really like the stitching detail on the shoulders
- As I don’t wear tight dresses, I deliberately ordered a larger size and knowing that because of the stretch, the dress will be cut a little smaller. I was right and decided to fix 2 problems that presented itself
- The neckline gapes a little so will sew a little pleat there and the sleeves are too long but I will put in a button to fasten the cuffs so it becomes more of a shirt sleeve. Will show you the end reult!