I love, love reading Garance Doré’s blog. She’s French and that’s all that needs to be said basically in terms of style and wit. I adore this recent photo she posted so much I’m going to put it here and talk about it – and hope not to get sued. I will email and beg her forgiveness too of course.
This is the kind of look I’d just die to be able to re-create for myself. OK, OK, the model is impossibly beautiful but alas, a head transplant isn’t an option medically right now so let’s try to concentrate on the more do-able aspects of her look.
- the basic tee perhaps a Breton style top but instead of navy, bright yellow stripes and only a couple of flashes
- a toning beige cable knit slim fit adds an interesting texture
- casual jacket in a warm brown worn with cuffs turned up above the knits and pushed back
- a contrast of the precise cut A line front pleated black skirt above the knee length – girly, flirty yet perfectly demure
- prim opaque black tights with maybe flats or boots
- the well loved vintage Kelly bag in the crook of the arm in a surprising burgundy colour which add more warmth to the browns and beige
- a simple wrist watch and reddish lips complete the look