I came across another idea for a capsule wardrobe challenge called the 30 for 30 here. There must be more for sure and I’m happy to work my way through them because I really want to focus on my existing wardrobe and really, really try not to add to it. So hard to do during the various Fashion Weeks when you see things that are just so gorgeous that you want to hunt them down now!
It’s the difficult transeason so thought this would be the ideal time to do something like this. Plus if I pack just these 30 items then it shouldn’t matter if the removals van goes AWOL for a month! Heaven F O R B I D.
So these are the rules:
- Pick 30 items from your wardrobe (shoes are included but accessories and jewellery are not).
- Remix the 30 items into 30 outfits – there’s no time limit.
- Don’t shop for 30 days (arrrrgggh!).
Another blog I came across has distilled some pointers here:
Suggested colours to help:
26 items by category:
I think you can substitute colours to suit.
2. Gray tank top
3. Floral tank
4. White long-sleeve cotton top
5. Red and white striped long-sleeve top
6. White button-down long-sleeve shirt
7. Cream-colored tunic
8. Camel short-sleeve sweater
2. Skinny jeans
2. Black pencil skirt
2. Army green cotton jacket
3. Black leather biker jacket