I have three children with great appetites who appreciate home cooked food. They all have packed lunches and so I’m always on the look out for healthy options that are easy for me to make. I do enjoy cooking and baking but I’m not a natural. If a recipe has more then 6 ingredients in it, I lose interest and if I have to measure in 5mls or weigh up 18g of things, my will to live also declines. These pizzas have only 4 ingredients, require no weighing and takes 30 minutes from start to finish including cooking time.
- Pre-heat oven to 180’C
- Grate cheese
- Wash and slice the mushrooms (we like thick slices)
- Lay out the pittas on a baking tray
- Spoon on the bolognese sauce
- Arrange the mushrooms on top (I cram on as many as possible)
- Sprinkle the grated cheese
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 mins
I make these the night before and leave them covered for the next day. They don’t go hard and remain soft to eat by lunchtime. Other pizzas just don’t taste good enough eaten cold. You can leave out the mushrooms or use other toppings as you wish of course but this has become a firm favourite – it’s great for picnics too.
Thanks for reading!