I’m so used to changeable weather, I really could not decide until a few days before my travel date. Here was the start of the process. It’s worth reminding myself that most other countries have a much more stable climate than old blighty! Well, it seems the temperatures will be unseasonably high which is good in terms of packing but a worry in case it all does go downhill. I know I tend to pack too warmly – it’s a natural reaction to disliking the cold – so have made the effort to be more rational and logical. And I’m going to take a carry on with an airline that only allows ONE piece of hand luggage – ie handbag needs to be packed inside.
Duration: 5 days and 4 nights – I don’t intend to handwash anything and will mix and match with different accessories.
Travel x 2, Sightseeing x 3, Dinners x 4 (including offical one but it’s ‘Casual’ dress)
- Zara quilted jacket with detachable hood (earned its keep a few times over)
- 2x pants (new Gap 1969 black jeans and old faithful Zara navy tailored)
- 2x dresses (old Jaeger silk print shirt dress, new Mango Little Navy Dress)
- 2x silk shirts (old ivory and navy)
- 1x top (old Gap chambray)
- 2x viscose tees as back up (old)
- 1x cardigan (old Zara Girls ivory cotton mix)
- 2x 90cm silk scarves (Coup de Fouet and Rive Fleuve)
- 1x 140cm shawl (new to me cashmere/silk mix)
- 2 pairs of shoes (old white leather Via Spiga and python Jimmy Choo)
- 1x bag (K28 sellier Brique fully treated and weatherproofed)
- various earrings, cuff/bracelets and usual sets (old)
- undies (I never skimp on these), nightwear, slip for the silk dress and silk camisoles
- minimal toiletries – trying out face wipes for the first time plus my usual day and night creams
- wallet, cosmetic bag, passport, phone, camera, envirosax etc..
Pants with the silk shirts. For the travel days I’ll wear the tees. I thought to pack my cashmere cardigan but this ivory cotton mix is quite thick and ties in with my shoes better. I think I will throw in my white Gap jeans as well on account of this by Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic.I really wanted to take the sandals (vintage Bally) but resisted! These dresses will be for the dinners. The Jaeger silk print shirt dress is lovely and I want to do it justice this time. I decided not to bother with a separate clutch bag.I’m taking 3 pairs of what I call my ‘fun’ earrings, 2 seen here with the Kenneth Jay Lane cocktail ring. So … off I go!
Thanks for reading!