Me and white trousers go a long way back too! I remember always loving the white flares perhaps first on my mother when I was really small and then on others in my family and linking them with holidays and warm, carefree days … I’m definitely a child of the 70’s 🙂 These images are from Massimo Dutti that I think pretty much sums up exactly how I would love to wear trousers next season. There’s a hint of tailoring but an ease in wear that would work for casual smart. And did I mention the crop length will save me hours or £££ in alteration fees? I don’t mind not being able to show my ankles which means they look completely different on me, less jaunty more serious.Olive brown with pale grey and black. I have to say, brown has come back into my neutrals field of vision after dropping out completely for several years.Adore this look – it’s my inspiration! So much impact with so few items because each one is stand out and somehow work together perfectly.I didn’t have a pair of light blue jeans – not for lack of trying believe me. My white jeans and palazzo trousers have had to be their substitute all these years. I can’t wait to wear these in the Spring!
As you can see, I’m totally preoccupied with an update in trousers/jeans for this and the next seasons. This season’s shopping list has shown other lessons learnt and affirmations:
- I don’t feel the need for a broad variety anymore, I’m happy to hone in on what I wear most quite simply – trousers/jeans, shirts/jumpers, coats/soft jackets
- I definitely do not have the need for high heels anymore!
- Autumn/Winter/Spring are the seasons of my life and deserve the investment
- I’m more focused on accessories too and can hone in on fewer bags on a shorter rotation
- I can allow myself a little variety within the few categories of clothes and accessories eg jeans, tailored and soft within trousers, tunics and different textures within knitwear, different heels and styles within ankle boots
Thanks for reading!