- 2.55, Reissue and Classic styles – these were my main considerations from the start and I came to realise that the Classic suits me and my purpose the least
- Hardware – the golden hardware is much too blingy for me, I can only wear the vintage 2.55 golden chain and the modern versions are simply too much. It’s not just the gold tone, it’s the very shiny nature of the hardware
- New styles – the Boy and now the Gabrielle bags do not light my fire. At all.
- Size – such an obsession of mine – lol – as I mentioned before, I have downsized my wallet and don’t carry that much else on a day to day basis plus I have come to appreciate small bags are simply more me
I just feel that a Chanel bag is a bold enough statement on their own so that most details are unnecessary. My aim is to maintain a ‘quiet’ type of luxury. As my outfits become simpler, so too the ‘tone’ of my accessories to match.
OK, so what’s new? Well, it took a while which I am all too happy about these days when shopping and in particular, acquiring investment pieces.
I wanted a grey bag for the longest time, specifically the distressed leather Reissue and it’s taken so long because grey is such a hard neutral to photograph. The natural glow of the leather tends to make it appear lighter than in real life. But I found the right one at last: it’s the mini size and the Accordian version which has a double gusset and is ‘single’ flap. It can be worn cross body and on the shoulder like this. The chain is fairly heavy but overall not intrusive. This other style, I don’t know the name of but is in lambskin. It’s such a deep dark chocolate brown that it can almost pass for black especially with the black hardware.This one can only be worn cross body and is so light.The navy 2.55 is the only one with golden hardware and because it’s vintage, the hardware has dulled and suits me better! The black Reissue at the top also in jersey is the medium size and the largest of all 5 bags. It’s my smart casual day bag that can easily transition to more formal or evening occasions.The top view shows how the bags vary in depth but not very much in width. The front bag is blingy enough since the silver hardware is shiny and would be too dressy for me if it weren’t for the style.
- only neutral colours
- matte finish hardware except for one but the casual shape balances out the bling of the hardware
- kept almost to the same size but with enough variation in the style
In the coming year, one or two of these bags may well end up being the least used and will then be edited from the collection. Yes! I know I’m going to be strong enough to do that! Lol.
Thanks for reading!