My initial closet audit or re-organisation that began in 2010 was such a large task triggered by lifestyle and location changes during which time I moved house twice in 6 months, that it took until 2014 before reaching a more satisfactory point and then I moved again 3 years ago.
Having had the time since to digest most things learnt and continuing to read about the experience and advice of others, I see now that I need to edit considerably. Ruthlessly. I am not patient by nature and wish it could be done in an instant but I know the actual process of editing will teach me even more. Obviously I don’t know how life will evolve as time goes on but there are a few things I do know:
- my children are now all teens so their needs have evolved and I must prepare and plan for what we want to do as a family and for each of them as individuals
- I don’t particular want to move house for the next decade or so and will be able to plan a more permanent and appropriate wardrobe space to suit
- I have honed down what I like and what I need so much more and for the first time feel a much smaller closet and collection of accessories would be very desirable
I have already adopted the kind of outfits and accessorising that will hopefully serve me well into the future consisting of very simple lines, good materials, functional details and classic modern pieces where possible. In terms of bags, there is a much greater simplification still:
- tote – work appropriate – my dream is a HAC 32/28
- Lindy and Bolide styles
- everyday handbags
- Kelly 28s and 32s (perhaps 3 or 4 in total not each!)
- Plumes – 28 and 20 sizes
- Chanel Reissue – 3 versions – jersey – aged leather and perhaps a washed caviar or tweed
- casual/travel bags
- Céline – small saddle bag styles and zip totes
- Longchamp and perhaps the Goyard tote
This is the newest Bag Matrix …. now let’s see how easily it can be implemented …. here’s to the new season of Spring and all that may bring in terms of changes and renewals.
Thanks for reading!